It's a common stereotype that all girls are awfully fond of their shoes and purses. I haven't exactly risen above shoe stereotype. But purses? I don't need no stinkin' purses.
Sure there are some cute bags out there, but while shoe departments have some magnetic pull on me, more often than not, I can pass by the purse department without a second thought. I'd like to think my purse apathy means I'm not materialistic, but considering the fact that I can always find a spare $20 to drop on a pair of shoes regardless of said-shoes practicality or lack there of, I'm not really sure this is the case.
Nevertheless, my purse is just a bag that as all my sh, stuff in it.
I've been lugging around the same purse, a birthday present from a dear friend, for years now for my everyday purse purposes. It's made out of some weird plastic-y material (maybe recycled plastic bags?) and sadly, the handles are starting to fray. Guess I'll be forced to go purse shopping one of these days.
One peep in my purse and it becomes pretty clear that I don't like to be unprepared.
On a typical day, my purse contains:
2. Grocery List: I'd love to be spontaneous, but usually that just results in me buying random things that "look good" and us not having enough food to actually last the week.
3. Cat Pin: I actually have a cat pin collection. This guy went through the washer and came out without its pin back. Bummer. I didn't realize I'd throw him in here.
4. Cell phone: Since this only works when I'm in town, this is always in my purse. Usually turned off.
5. Cell phone charger: However, sometimes I forget to turn off my phone when I'm at the cabin. Which results in one dead battery when I actually need to use my phone.
6. Jumble of keys: What are these? Do I even use any of these? Hmmm . . .
7. Granola bar: I have no idea how old this is. But I'd hate to have to go hungry.
8. Chica bag: Great idea, usually forget I have this. Man, I could have used this the last time I went to the Co-op and thought I'd forgotten all my reusable grocery bags .
9. A purse hanger: Another thing I forget I have, but I love using it when I do remember it. It's actually really sturdy and keep my purse off the floor and out of harm's way when I'm in a restaurant.
10.Tampons: My obsessive need to always have personal hygiene products probably hearkens back to my teenage years when that time of the month came at whatever time of the month it pleased. My body doesn't "surprise attack" me very often these days, but tampons can be pretty handy for other reasons. Take for incidence the time my friend spill diet pop all over a train's table in the booth we were sitting in. No one had a Kleenex or anything else to mop up the mess, so voila: tampon to the rescue. After all, they're very absorbent . . .
11. Mini multi-tool: I never use this. Andy thought I might need it sometime. I suppose I might.
Usually my camera's in my purse too, just in case I happen upon something interesting.
What's in your purse? Why?